Guest Services & Amenities
ATM is located in the food court
Space is available for organizations to host group meetings. Contact the Mall Office for more information: (608) 752-7845 or [email protected]
Strollers – located near Orange Julius and Kohl’s
Wheelchairs – contact the Mall Office (608) 752-7845 or Mall Security (608) 921-7155
Contact the Mall Office at (608) 752-7845
The management office is located near the East side of the mall, near the public restrooms.
Julie Cubbage, General Manager
Phone: (608) 752-7845 ext. 228
Email: [email protected]
For Special Events Information, Contact:
Jamie Balsiger, Marketing & Events Coordinator
Phone (608) 752-7845 ext. 227
Email: [email protected]
Mall Security Phone Number: (608) 921-7155
In Case of Emergency Dial 911
Behavioral Code of Conduct
Thank you for your patronage today. In order to help ensure a pleasant shopping environment, all shopping center visitors, patrons, and employees are PROHIBITED from the following:
- All animals, other than Service Animals, are prohibited, except where otherwise specifically permitted, such as for special events or going to or from pet stores. Pursuant to the United States Department of Justice guidelines, only dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities qualify as Service Animals.
- Any illegal activity.
- Any improper use of shopping center amenities.
- Any improper use of shopping center facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to, using escalators, elevators, stairs, sidewalks, or walkways in a manner that impedes the flow of pedestrian traffic, such as unnecessary standing or stopping.
- Any form of solicitation, including, but not limited to, the offering of any non-permitted sales of products or services, and distributing any handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind or offering samples of items, not otherwise permitted by law.
- Any disturbing of the peace, including, but not limited to, unlawful or non-permitted assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, flash mobs, or any other activity that hinders or prevents the shopping enjoyment of customers or disrupts the intended business use of the shopping center.
- Any conduct that annoys or disturbs others in the shopping center, including, but not limited to, engaging in noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring, the intentional following someone through the shopping center and parking lot, stalking, shouting, yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios, or the use of any other sound generating equipment that otherwise creates noises of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of other shopping center patrons.
- Using obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, gender, or ethnic slurs.
- Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse, or physically or verbally threatening any person, or hostility of any kind.
- Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate-boarding, hoverboarding, rollerblading and/or riding a scooter, otherwise being disruptive, or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron’s view of doorways, windows, and/or other merchant or shopping center displays. Some bicycles and Segways are, however, permitted on shopping center property, provided they are used in strict accordance with manufacturer recommendations and shopping center bicycle and vehicle safety rules.
- Engaging in any sexual activity, including, but not limited to, using sexually explicit language, engaging in sexual conduct, or engaging in excessive public displays of affection.
- Displaying or wearing any item that depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language; promotes violence; wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict, offends community standards of decency, or impinges on the sensitivities of others in the shopping center.
- Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior, including, but not limited to, the use of gang symbols or slogans.
- Defacing, damaging, destroying, or removing any real or personal property constituting part of or located in or on the shopping center property.
- Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind, except those carried by authorized law enforcement officers or security personnel in the performance of their duties and by security officials specifically permitted by shopping center management.
- Being intoxicated, inebriated, and/or possessing or being under the influence of any illegal substance.
- Possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere, except in businesses licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Selling or providing alcohol or tobacco products to underage persons; purchasing alcohol or tobacco products by underage persons.
- Driving in an unsafe, erratic, or careless manner, including, but not limited to, exceeding the posted speed limit or using a vehicle in manner prohibited by traffic markings, signage, or otherwise obstructing traffic.
- Overnight parking, parking in non-designated parking areas, parking in fire lanes or other no parking areas. Parking violators may be subject to towing at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- Littering or discarding paper, glass, or other matter of any kind, except in a trash receptacle.
- Fishing, swimming, or boating without prior written approval of shopping center management.
- Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.
- Photography or recordings of any kind without prior approval of shopping center management.
- Attendance by any minor during school hours when unaccompanied by a parent, teacher or legal guardian, although unaccompanied minors aged 16 or above may attend provided they produce proof of reduced school hours or completion thereof.
Youth Escort Policy
- Janesville Mall visitors 17 years of age or younger are always now required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years or older.
- Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the property if they are not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Unescorted youth must leave the property or be joined by a parent or guardian.
- Any person violating the posted Youth Escort Policy, or our Code of Conduct will be asked to leave the property
- Individuals in violation of the Youth Escort Policy or our Code of Conduct who refuse to leave the property when requested to do so by Mall Security or Mall Personnel may be prosecuted for trespassing.
- Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or parent(s) or guardian(s) is not easily determined. Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will be asked to leave the property.
- Anyone appearing to be 17 years or younger should be prepared to show valid identification (with picture and date of birth). Acceptable identification includes a driver’s license, state or military identification card, passport or visa.
- Youth 17 years of age or younger working on the property will be allowed access without a parent or guardian. Proof of work status will be required, and youth employees must go directly to the place of employment and must leave the property at the conclusion of their work shift.
- One parent, over 21 years of age, may escort all his/her children. Additionally, one parent or guardian over 18 years of age may escort up to 3 youths, at least one of which must be the child of the parent or guardian.
- Parent or guardians are accountable for the actions of the youth they escort.
- If an escorted youth is banned from the center, the adult escort will also be banned for the same period.
- Janesville Mall security personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy and related procedures.
- Janesville Mall’s Youth Escort Policy is posted at the Mall entrances.
This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this shopping center.
This shopping center is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property in addition to any other legal remedies that shopping center management may choose to exercise.
This shopping center is private property, and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public’s entry into this shopping center or on shopping center property.
This “Code of Conduct” is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law.
If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify the shopping center management office.
Suggested Safety Tips for Shopping
- Note your parking location.
- Remember to lock your car.
- If you’re shopping with family or friends, prearrange a place and a time to meet.
- Never leave children unattended. If your child wanders away, please contact mall security for assistance.
- Teach your children their full name….as well as yours.
- Carry a current photo of your child with you.
- Don’t leave packages or other personal property unattended.
- Guard your handbag, wallet and credit cards…don’t flash your cash.
- Always have keys in hand before you reach your car.
- Check your car from a distance to make sure no one is loitering near it.
- Always lock car doors as soon as you get inside.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- If you notice anything suspicious, report it to mall security.
- Never hesitate to ask for assistance.